Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Another Year, Another Dollar...

Name two kinds of grown-ups who don't make much money. Not counting custodians, migrant farm workers, folks at the drive-up window... ok, I admit lots of people fall into that category. But days like today, or more to the point, days leading up to days like today, make me re-question my career choices (if any). As LuLu points out, I am a member of the Sophia Sisterhood, who collectively acknowledged the passing of another year today. Another year closer to really-old age, another year closer to learning once and for all that adjunct academentia and occasional fiddling gigs pay fewer bills than you might imagine. Where did I take the wrong turn? Would law school really have been such a bad idea? Someone please tell that stupid clock to stop ticking so loudly.

Do I love birthdays? Ah, let me count the ways.

I should have stuck to this:



Your Mom indifferently enjoying someone else's birthday. So much easier.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home